The client and its group of companies are international energy services groups that provide a multitude of engineering services & solutions ranging from Operation & Maintenance, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning, and other supporting products and services.
They provide its engineering services & solutions for O&G production platforms, crude O&G refineries, petrochemical manufacturing plants, Liquefied Natural Gas plants, Power Production Plants, and Water & Utilities Plants.
The Business Challenge
They have developed and implemented two in-house applications for the Medical 3rd-party Administrator system and the Parking System Payment both applications are hosted in the local data centre in Kuala Lumpur. Below are the business challenges that were found after assessment was done:
- Having issues to scale out and accessibility (including network bandwidth limitation) from other countries Indonesia, Thailand & Vietnam
- Plan to move the medical 3rd Party Administrator and the Parking Payment workload from AWS and on-premise (Hybrid) to Azure
Noventiq has done the assessment and provided the client with an optimize resource solution to host the 2 systems on Azure Cloud.
- Assessment on existing infrastructure using Corent Tech Cloud assessment tool
- Preparing PaaS services (gradually increasing capacity sizing for the next 3 years)
- Apps Services
- Database services. MySQL and Ms SQL Server
- Azure Storage
- Azure Backup
- Azure network essentials. ie. Load Balancer, IP Address, Virtual Network and Bandwidth
- This has helped the client to eliminate the expensive hardware options
- Assist the client to manage the bandwidth limitation issues
- Eliminate the scalability issues and assist expand the client business to other regions.